Important Legal Agreements
HOST STS provides web hosting to clients worldwide, and we have a responsibility to protect each client and to provide the best services available. All clients of HOST STS are subject to the following terms of service:
You agree to use all HOST STS services and facilities at your own risk. HOST STS specifically disclaims all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall HOST STS be liable for any loss, or loss of data, or other commercial damage, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential or other damages.
Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold HOST STS harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney's fees asserted against HOST STS, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, it's agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless HOST STS against liabilities arising out of Any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with HOST STS's server.
HOST STS reserves the right to intervene with any of the sites hosted on its servers in the interest of its customers. Any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party Copyright infringement any defective products sold to customer from HOST STS's server. HOST STS shall be the sole judge of what violates this Policy.
At this time we bill monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually, depending upon the plan. If you are not satisfied within your first 30 days we would be happy to provide you with a full refund (For some special offers the money-back-guaranteed day will be varied; and Domain Name registration fee is nonrefundable).
We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover Card. For webhosting plans we will setup your account without any paying. Clients are encouraged to pay by credit card as it is the easiest way to handle payment at this time. Their are no contract periods but for each successive period, your contract is automatically renewed unless we are notified otherwise.
All accounts are billed according to the dates they were first activated on. If you will not pay for service renew in 5 days after deactivation, your account will be suspended. If you will not pay for service renew in 30 days after deactivation, your account will be terminated. You will receive an email reminder 5 days till deactivation.
Acceptable Use Policy
All services provided by HOST STS may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or City law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret and other statute. The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless HOST STS and its employees from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages the subscriber or any other party. Our acceptable use policy is actively and strictly enforced. Offending content or users are suspended from our network, usually as soon as they are discovered, although we will always inform you when and why any action has been taken. Pornography is prohibited on all HOST STS servers. This includes sites that include sexually explicit or hardcore images and/or advertising.
Subscriber acknowledges that the service provided is of such a nature that service can be interrupted for many reasons other than the negligence of the company and that damages resulting from any interruption of service are difficult to ascertain. Therefore, subscriber agrees that the company shall not be liable for any damages arising from such causes beyond the direct and exclusive control of the company.
Subscriber further acknowledges that the company's liability for its own negligence may not in any event exceed an amount equivalent to charges payable by subscriber for services during the period damages occurred. In no event shall the company be liable for any special or consequential damages, loss or injury.
Illegality In any form, including but not limited to the unauthorized distribution or copying of copyrighted software or other data, harassment, fraud, trafficking in obscene material. Undesirable Content Certain types of content are not allowed on our network. We do not host adult content of any description. Content relating to Hacking, Cracking, Warez and IRC is not allowed. Software, audio and video downloads may only be hosted if you are the writer and copyright owner of the resources or you have a right to distribute the materials. Accounts suspended due to content or AUP violation are not refunded under any circumstances.
Limitation of Liability
HOST STS shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental and consequential damages, which may arise from HOST STS servers going off-line or being unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Furthermore, HOST STS shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental or consequential damages, resulting from the corruption or deletion of any web site from one of HOST STS servers. All damages shall be limited to the immediate termination of service.
HOST STS cannot be held liable for system downtime, crashes, or data loss. We cannot be held liable for any predicted estimate of profits in which a client would have gained if their site was functioning. Certain services provided by HOST STS are resold. Thus, certain equipment, routing, software, and programming used by HOST STS are not directly owned or written by HOST STS. Moreover, HOST STS holds no responsibility for the use of our clients accounts. If any terms or conditions are failed to be followed, the account in question will be automatically deactivated. We reserve the right to remove any account without advanced notice for any reason without restitution as HOST STS sees fit. FURTHERMORE, HOST STS retains the right to change any or all of the above Policies, Guidelines, and Disclaimer without notification.
Web Design & Development Services. Terms and Conditions
1. STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONSThese are the standard terms and conditions for Website Design and Development and apply to all contracts and all work undertaken by STS ® for its clients. Web design and development takes (2 to 8 weeks) based on the creative brief and information gathered.
2. OUR FEES AND DEPOSITSA 70% deposit of the total fee payable under our proposal is due immediately upon you instructing us to proceed with the website design and development work. The remaining 30% shall become due when the work is completed to your reasonable satisfaction but subject to the terms of the “approval of work” and “rejected work” clauses. We reserve the right not to commence any work until the deposit has been paid in full. The 70% deposit is only refundable if we have not fulfilled our obligations to deliver the work required under the agreement. The deposit is not refundable if the development work has been started and you terminate the contract through no fault of ours.
3. SUPPLY OF MATERIALSYou must supply all materials and information required by us to complete the work in accordance with any agreed specification. Such materials may include, but are not limited to, photographs, written copy, logos and other printed material. Where there is any delay in supplying these materials to us which leads to a delay in the completion of work, we have the right to extend any previously agreed deadlines by a reasonable amount. Where you fail to supply materials, and that prevents the progress of the work, we have the right to invoice you for any part or parts of the work already completed.
4. VARIATIONSWe are pleased to offer you the opportunity to make revisions to the design. However, we have the right to limit the number of design proposals to a reasonable amount and may charge for additional designs if you make a change to the original design specification. Our website development phase is flexible and allows certain variations to the original specification. However any major deviation from the specification will be charged at the rate of £20.00 per hour.
5. PROJECT DELAYS AND CLIENT LIABILITYAny time frames or estimates that we give are contingent upon your full co-operation and complete and final content in photography for the work pages. During development there is a certain amount of feedback required in order to progress to subsequent phases. It is required that a single point of contact be appointed from your side and be made available on a daily basis in order to expedite the feedback process.
6. APPROVAL OF WORKOn completion of the work you will be notified and have the opportunity to review it. You must notify us in writing of any unsatisfactory points within 7 days of such notification. Any of the work which has not been reported in writing to us as unsatisfactory within the 7-day review period will be deemed to have been approved. Once approved, or deemed approved, work cannot subsequently be rejected and the contract will be deemed to have been completed and the 30% balance of the project price will become due.
7. REJECTED WORK If you reject any of our work within the 7-day review period, or not approve subsequent work performed by us to remedy any points recorded as being unsatisfactory, and we, acting reasonably, consider that you have been unreasonable in any rejection of the work, we can elect to treat this contract as at an end and take measures to recover payment for the completed work.
8. PAYMENTUpon completion of the 7-day review period, we will invoice you for the 30% balance of the project.
9. WARRANTY BY YOU AS TO OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS You must obtain all necessary permissions and authorities in respect of the use of all copy, graphic images, registered company logos, names and trademarks, or any other material that you supply to us to include in your website or web applications. You must indemnify us and hold us harmless from any claims or legal actions related to the content of your website.
10. LICENSINGOnce you have paid us in full for our work we grant to you a license to use the website and its related software and contents for the life of the website.
11. SEARCH ENGINESWe do not guarantee any specific position in search engine results for your website. We perform basic search engine optimisation according to current best practice.
12. CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSWe shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer which is in any way attributable to any delay in performance or completion of our contract, however that delay arises.
13. DISCLAIMER To the full extent permitted by law, all terms, conditions, warranties, undertakings, inducements or representations whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise (other than the express provisions of these terms and conditions) relating in any way to the services we provide to you are excluded. Without limiting the above, to the extent permitted by law, any liability of System Technology Services ® under any term, condition, warranty or representation that by law cannot be excluded is, where permitted by law, limited at our option to the replacement, re-repair or re-supply of the services or the payment of the cost of the services that we were contracted to perform.
14. SUBCONTRACTINGWe reserve the right to subcontract any services that we have agreed to perform for you as we see fit.
15. NON-DISCLOSUREWe (and any subcontractors we engage) agree that we will not at any time disclose any of your confidential information to any third party.
16. ADDITIONAL EXPENSESYou agree to reimburse us for any requested expenses which do not form part of our proposal including but not limited to the purchase of templates, third party software, stock photographs, fonts, domain name registration, web hosting or comparable expenses.
17. BACKUPSYou are responsible for maintaining your own backups with respect to your website and we will not be liable for restoring any client data or client websites except to the extent that such data loss arises out of a negligent act or omission by us.
18. OWNERSHIP OF DOMAIN NAMES AND WEB HOSTINGWe will supply to you account credentials for domain name registration and/or web hosting that we purchased on your behalf when you reimburse us for any expenses that we have incurred.
19. GOVERNING LAWThe agreement constituted by these terms and conditions and any proposal will be construed according to and is governed by the laws of United Kingdom and System Technology Services ® submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in and of Tasmania in relation to any dispute arising under these terms and conditions or in relation to any services we perform for you.
20. CROSS BROWSER COMPATIBILITYBy using current versions of well supported content management systems such as “Joomla”, we endeavour to ensure that the web sites we create are compatible with all current modern web browsers such as the most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. Third party extensions, where used, may not have the same level of support for all browsers. Where appropriate we will substitute alternative extensions or implement other solutions, on a best effort basis, where any incompatibilities are found.
21. E-COMMERCEYou are responsible for complying with all relevant laws relating to e-commerce, and to the full extent permitted by law will hold harmless, protect, and defend and indemnify System Technology Services ® and its subcontractors from any claim, penalty, tax, tariff loss or damage arising from your or your clients’ use of Internet electronic commerce.